#413 Updated Final Fantasy X/X-2: HD Remaster
Genres/Tags: RPG, Third-person, 3D, Japanese
Companies: Square Enix Product Development Division 1, Virtuos
Original Size: 33.8 GB
Repack Size: 23.8 GB
This repack doesn’t have any new content, but it’s smaller by 600 MB and installs ~2 times faster than the first repack. “Selective download” option was removed, cause it introduced bugs deeper in game.
Discussion and (possible) future updates on CS.RIN.RU thread
Screenshots (Click to enlarge)
- Based on Final.Fantasy.X.X-2.HD.Remaster-CODEX ISO release: codex-final.fantasy.x.x.2.hd.remaster.iso (36,253,237,248 bytes)
- EXEs for launching the game with Japanese voiceovers/movies included for those, who hate English dub
- 100% Lossless & MD5 Perfect: all files are identical to originals after installation
- NOTHING ripped, NOTHING re-encoded
- Significantly smaller archive size (compressed from 33.8 to 23.8 GB)
- Installation takes: ~30 minutes on 8-cores CPU; ~50 minutes on 4-cores CPU;~1.5 hours on 2-cores CPU
- After-install integrity check so you could make sure that everything installed properly
- HDD space after installation: 37 GB (up to 57 GB during installation)
- Repack uses pZlib library by Razor12911
FINAL FANTASY X tells the story of a star blitzball player, Tidus, who journeys with a young and beautiful summoner named Yuna on her quest to save the world of Spira from an endless cycle of destruction wrought by the colossal menace Sin.
FINAL FANTASY X-2 returns to the world of Spira two years after the beginning of the Eternal Calm. Having been shown a mysterious but familiar image in a sphere, Yuna becomes a Sphere Hunter and along with her companions Rikku and Paine, embarks on a quest around the world to find the answers to the mystery within.
Based on the international versions of the games that were previously only released in Japan and Europe, FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster brings these timeless classics forward to the current generation of fans, old and new alike.
- Characters, monsters, and environments have been fine-tuned to HD detail, providing a richer, deeper FINAL FANTASY visual experience.
- Other features in the PC version include remastered/rearranged BGM,
- International Edition content,
- Auto-save and 5 game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.
This repack IS NOT backwards compatible with my first FFX/X2 repack.
Running the game with Japanese dub
For those, who wants to play the game with Japanese voiceovers/movies, I’ve included 3 modified EXE files – FFX-2_JP.exe, “FFX&X-2_Will_JP.exe”, FFX_JP.exe
You can run them manually if you want to switch between versions, or, if you’re planning to play with Japanese forever, just rename them to FFX-2.exe, “FFX&X-2_Will.exe” and FFX.exe respectively, overwriting original files. But make backup just in case.